ramblingbooks

Ramblings of a Book-A-Holic

Fallen Eden (Eden Trilogy, Book Two)

Fallen Eden (Eden Trilogy, Book Two) - Nicole Williams From the moment I picked up Eternal Eden, I knew I had in my hands an amazing series. I was hooked from page one. So naturally, I had high expectations for the second novel, Fallen Eden, and my expectations were indeed met.

I have to admit that as much as I loved this book, I also hated it. What I mean by this is that I have a love/hate relationship with it. There were times when I felt like yelling ay my Kindle, hoping that the characters could hear my thoughts. But alas, they could not. But even though I was frustrated with it, my love for the book over-shadowed my hate.

So summary: There is no doubt that Bryn and William are still as madly in love with one another as they were in the first book. However, their relationship becomes complicated as Bryn begins to fear the powers that come along with being a Taker. After nearly killing William in battle, she decides that in order to protect the ones she love, she has to leave. Depending how you look at this, this could be an action of cowardice, or extreme bravery. I look at it in the latter sense. Leaving behind someone you love is extremely hard. Especially when you leave the person behind with a lie; one that's meant to protect them, but a lie all the less. I was SO sad when she left. I literally felt my heart breaking with all the emotion.

So Bryn leaves behind a note and runs off to Paris to start over. There she meets someone you'd least expect her to find in Paris of all places. Whoever could it be...? This person-who-shall-remain-nameless stays with Bryn for the majority of the story, and when you find out that their going through, then your heart breaks even more. If I haven't already mentioned it, this book is very sad.

The end leaves you thinking. You think something good is about to happen, but there is a possible loop hole. So it could go two different ways. One happy, the other...well, it could complicate things.

If you haven't read this book, or the first, DO IT! You won't be disappointed!