ramblingbooks

Ramblings of a Book-A-Holic

Destined

Destined - Aprilynne Pike I cannot even formulate the proper words to describe this book. Never have I been so emotional through a book than I was while reading this.

I have always respected Laurel, but I often found myself wanting to slap her. Most of these harsh feelings were brought on by the fact that I don’t like Tanami. Yep, I saying it now: I don’t like him, never did, and even though now the series is over, I STILL don’t like him. I don’t know if it’s because of him himself, or the fact that I loved David with Laurel. Both regardless, I don’t like him.

Now that I made that clear, you can imagine that every time Laurel and Tamani decided to make out, I was pulling out my hair. I hated how she treated David and I would have been satisfied if Chelsea and him ended up together instead, but alas, Miss Pike threw us another curveball there with David’s heart felt, heart wrenching, tear jerking, letter at the end. I was so sad after reading it 

The book itself was more than I imagined it to be. I started reading it and could not stop. Be warned, if you read this novel, you will experience a range of emotions including happiness, joy, sadness, anger, fear, and if you are a David fan like me, you will cry and cry, but that’s ok, don’t let people tell you that’s weird :P haha

Destined was an amazing and emotional roller coaster. I am sad that Laurel’s adventures are now over but do look forward to anything Ms Pike publishes in the future.