ramblingbooks

Ramblings of a Book-A-Holic

Choker

Choker - Elizabeth Woods I'm going to start off by first saying that I absolutely love the cover of this book!

But now moving on to the book itself. A lot of what happened in this book was pretty predictable, though I have to admit I wasn't fully expecting the ending. I had a vague idea of what I thought would happen, but wasn't exactly sure. Cara's friend Zoe was a total possessive friend. She gets jealous of Cara going to hang out with other people; basically, she doesn't like Cara having a life that doesn't involve her.

In my honest opinon, Cara was a complete push over. Even when she was suspicious of Zoe, she would just shrug it off because Zoe would get all defensive and deny everything. First of all, if the girl is freaking out and going in denial, than that's a tell-tale sign that she did do something she shouldn't have.

The story behind the title Choker wasn't exactly what I thought it would be. Not that it was bad or anything.

It's really hard to review this book without giving the whole story away, so the review won't be much longer for this one. The ending, it's just weird. Like I said earlier, I sort of saw it coming, but it doesn't take away from the weirdness. I felt so bad for Cara.

Overall, I did enjoy this book, despite its rather predictable story line. The predictability is what kept me from giving it 5 stars, but I would suggest this book to pretty much anybody. Mystery lovers, suspense seekers, whoever :)